The Master of Research (Education) is located in the Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology (CREET). This full-time campus-based degree provides training to an advanced level in a range of social research methods. It will be particularly relevant if you work in a professional or commercial environment where research plays a significant role, or if you plan to study for a PhD.
As well as the Master of Research in Education, the University offers MRes study in Educational Technology and Management and Business.
For all six subjects, the MRes consists of five modules. All students must complete:
- Module A: An Introduction to social research
- Module B1: Qualitative research methods – this is a prerequisite for Module B2
- Module C1: Quantitative research methods – this is a prerequisite for Module C2
- Module D: Dissertation
MRes Education students must also complete either:
- Module B2: Advanced qualitative methods OR
- Module C2: Advanced quantitative methods
If you have an enquiry specific to this research area please contact:
- Professor Martyn Hammersley
- +44 (0)1908 653129
For general enquiries please contact the Research Degrees Team via the link under ‘Your questions’ on the right of the page.