The Master of Research (Educational Technology) is located in the Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology (CREET). This full-time campus-based degree provides training to an advanced level in a range of social research methods. It will be particularly relevant if you work in a professional or commercial environment where research plays a significant role, or if you plan to study for a PhD. In addition to Educational Technology, the University also offers MRes study in the research areas of Education and Management and Business.
The MRes consists of five modules. All students must complete:
- Module A: An Introduction to social research
- Module B1: Qualitative research methods – this is a prerequisite for Module B2
- Module C1: Quantitative research methods – this is a prerequisite for Module C2
- Module D: Dissertation
MRes Educational Technology students must also complete either:
- Module B2: Advanced qualitative methods OR
- Module C2: Advanced quantitative methods
If you have an enquiry specific to this research area please contact:
- Professor John Richardson
- +44 (0)1908 858014
For general enquiries please contact the Research Degrees Team via the link under ‘Your questions’ on the right of the page.