The Development Policy and Practice Group has an international reputation for excellence in research. We have a specific interest in political institutions, actors, dynamics and scales of development and their interactions and linkages between North and South. Within the context of development, we are interested in the intersection of political ideas, policies and actions, and have specific research interests in governance, civil society, global justice and citizenship, political systems of development, public engagement in development and new media, knowledge and social learning, and peace building and development.
Potential research projects
Within the context of development, we are interested in research at the intersection of political ideas, policies and actions of:
- Local, national, transnational and global governance
- Civil society, collective action and political networks
- Global justice and global citizenship
- Political systems and development
- Public engagement and new media
- Knowledge production and transfer, and social learning
- Peace building and conflict transformation.